A Dog's Blog

In this day and age when everyone and their dog has a blog, I decided it was time for Rosie to have one of her own. She's the supervisor on all of our yard and home improvement projects, so I'll give you all the updates from her point of view!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Green Bay, WI

Monday, July 31, 2006

We Be Urban Farmers .....


...... and the harvesting has already started! The tomatoes and green peppers are growing along the south side of the house where they get sun all day long, as you can see in the pic below.


Back by the shed we have cucumbers growing through the fence, along with another green pepper plant and the monster cherry tomato bush. My dad likes to plant one of those every year, and he's famous for leaving bags full of cherry tomatoes hanging on all the neighbors doors when we start getting innundated.


This is my mom's first attempt at a little herb garden. We make lots of homemade bruschetta so we need fresh basil and chives for that. She also put in a spearmint plant so we can have a major Mojito party later this summer!


Did I mention that my dad also makes gallons and gallons of salsa every year? Gotta have some of these too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Look at your guys go!!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home