A Dog's Blog

In this day and age when everyone and their dog has a blog, I decided it was time for Rosie to have one of her own. She's the supervisor on all of our yard and home improvement projects, so I'll give you all the updates from her point of view!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Green Bay, WI

Monday, October 24, 2005

Fall is in the air .....

Well, aside from the fact that the Packers lost to the Vikings by a miraculous 56-yard field goal IN THE LAST TWO SECONDS OF THE GAME yesterday, we had a wonderful fall weekend here.

Saturday it rained all day, so we slept in late and just hung around the house being lazy most of the day. Seeing as we'll be spending more time indoors now, my mom decided to rearrange the living room. She also put flannel sheets on the bed, which makes for nice snuggling on these cold nights we're having now.

Sunday also started out gray and drizzly, but by the time the football game was over it had cleared up. Good thing, because my mom was about to pound her head into the wall. Instead, she took me out for a 30-minute power walk to work off the frustration! Then we had chili. You know winter is not far off when dad gets out the big pot and starts making chili again. As usual, it was proclaimed the best batch ever.

I then had fun running around the back yard while mom and dad raked leaves. Well, my mom rakes. She doesn't mind because she needs the exercise. She has to do something to fight upper arm sag now that there is nobody making her do pushups anymore, haha! Dad hates raking so he uses a leaf blower. Did I mention he has a thing for power tools of all sorts? My mom doesn't even ask how much he spends on them because they have an agreement whereby he doesn't ask how much she spends on shoes! Anyway, it was nice being outside in the fresh air playing in the leaves, until the sky turned dark and the wind whipped up. Suddenly it was hailing. What a sight, raking leaves in a hailstorm. Only in Wisconsin!

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I saw the end of the game. Sheesh!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home